Sunday, May 3, 2015

Flowers Make Us Happy

Hi there everyone. Well, finally I am feeling better. That was a long drawn out icky sickness. The Doctor is treating me for an ulcer. Guess I let too many things get in my way and get me upset.....time to back off from gathering too many things on my plate. I must learn to take one day at a time and one plate full of stress at a time.....just seemed like many things were coming at me from every direction. The problems are still there...but I have eliminated a few things out of my life to ease the pressure. If that makes sense.
Yesterday, my kitchen ceiling was getting fixed, so I took a long walk with Kylie and got a few pictures of the neighbors flowers. In the above picture are her lovely daffodils...aren't they cute? They all seem to be smiling in this 70 degree weather.
Here is my neighbor's Magnolia tree....gosh it is so pretty. Was hard to get a picture of the flower up close....all the flowers were facing upward towards the sky.
These are my red tulips in the front yard....I am amazed that I have over 50 tulips planted in the front....wow I did not realize I had that many...I shall have to count the tulips in the back too.
These lovelies are in the front yard also. A red variegated tulip????
Last but not least, a close up of my red tulips.....sweet.

In my next blog I will update you on our kitchen ceiling. You won't believe what the men did, like everything came down, right down to the beams....it was totally unbelievable. They only found a little bit of mold.....so that was a miracle. For all the water leaks.....yes that was a miracle, I think God had his hand on our roof, protecting us from the mold.

Well, time to close, hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers ~ Louise

10 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, That is good news about getting your ceiling repaired. Yes, you have to let the stress go. Some times it's over powering but then pray harder. I will pray for you a full recovery. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Those are gorgeous flowers, Louise. I am so happy you are feeling better! It's about time--and yes--try to deep breathe and not stress out- we don't want you sick!

I am so excited that your ceiling is getting done and PRAISES that it was not full of mold up there!

Have a good night and a great week- xo Diana

Biz said...

I am so happy about the ceiling, and glad that the mold wasn't too bad - great news!

Enjoy the weather! :D

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie. Thanks for stopping by. I am loving my new ceiling. The contractor said the ceiling dropped 3 inches in the center...that was quite a sag. Thanks for praying.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana, Thanks on the flowers. Today I just sat around....honestly did not feel like doing anything...maybe I am learning to distress for the moment. And yes, I am glad there was not full of mold up there too.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz...thanks for stopping by...everytime I walk through the kitchen I look up at the ceiling....can't believe it got fixed. No more leaks.........whew.

Brenda in IN said...

What a beautiful neighborhood you have. I'm so glad you are getting better and know what was wrong. Stress is so hard on us and keep on working to relieve it. Let things go that you can't change or take care of right away. It is wonderful there was so little mold in your ceiling. What a blessing that was.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....Thanks, glad I know too...and yes I have cut back on a few things....guess I had too much on my plate. I forget I can't do the things I used to....the mind is willing but the body isn't.

Attic Clutter said...

lovely walk Louise..my mom had a
magnolia tree..so spectacular !!
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty.....don't you just love the spring flowers. The magnolia tree is starting to drop it's pretty flowers already...they don't last long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails