Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Poem About Coffee

Hi there everyone....well, it's Wednesday... hump day!! I will make this short......very short. Not sure where I picked this picture up of the coffee cup and poem...might have been Pinterest, (I remembered...Diana's blog) it tickled my funny bone when I saw it and had to save it to my files for future use.

As I was thinking about what I wanted to blog about...first thought was to make this a "Wordless Wednesday" kinda blog. But...I guess that won't be happening because look at all the words I have typed so far...hahaha!!

I love coffee...but a good cup of tea is fine too. I usually have a cup of coffee every day...but I can go without for a couple of days...actually went 10 days recently, with no coffee, was feeling pretty good, then I gave in for a cup of Jo. I guess you can say, I am not addicted to it....and that is good. Years ago, back in the 80's I had a pot of coffee going all day long and would drink the whole pot and then brew another pot and drink that. Yeah....I was addicted to caffeine, then I would take asprin to counter act the aches and pains....gosh, I was a mess. Then I got a bleeding ulcer and lost a lot of blood....almost died. I was rushed to the hospital. A week later (October, 1981) JP ended up in the hospital with a nervous break-down. We were quite the pair, both of us in the hospital at the same time.  Crazy times.

But, I did not learn my lesson and in 1986 I ended up again in the hospital with another bleeding ulcer...same circumstances..drinking too much coffee, taking too many asprin and trying to do to many things, wearing too many hats....working in the flesh and not in the spirit. That was my biggest problem. The Doctors ended up operating and cut the nerves in my stomach accidently touching the spleen and that bled and they had to remove the spleen. I have a big scar on my stomach to remind me everyday of how careless I was at 40.

Why am I telling you this....I don't know. But I guess to tell you what coffee can do if you are not careful. Maybe some people can handle a lot of coffee....but I guess this girl cannot. "Others can, I can't"

Well I guess that is all for today....you all have a great day and keep looking up. Tomorrow is another day, or today is that is.
Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I had that same cup and poem on my blog last week, Louise. I don't know where I got it either but it is hysterical. I have cut WAY back on the amount of coffee I drink. I used to drink it all day long, like you. I don't want to stir up any ulcers!

Hope you have a great day- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Gosh Diana...maybe I got the cup and poem from you...that could be very possible. No, no, ulcers are not a good thing. This new medication I am on will stir up stomach problems, so I am not too happy about that. Have a good day.

Susie said...

Louise, Would it do any good to tell you to slow down and take it easy.LOL I have reflux...so I can't drink as much coffee as I would like...which is a total bummer. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie...oh yeah...I have slowed down a bit from when I was 40....hahaha. Reflux is not a fun thing...too much coffee can aggravate for sure.

Biz said...

Wow, I can't believe you were both in the hospital at that age!

I love coffee - but typically have just 2-3 cups a day. It helps now that I have a Keurig that I sometimes get lazy - other than just reaching for a big pot that is already hot.

Hugs!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz...yeah...those were crazy days back then....certainly do not want to revisit for all the tea in china...lol!!

Brenda in IN said...

The mug is fun and lots of people feel that way! I have one cup of International coffee in the morning and that's it. I'm not a coffee drinker. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that and glad you survived.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda. Oh I like that international coffee too...but lots of sugar too...wish things we ate and drink did not take a toll of our bodies in later years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails