Thursday, October 23, 2014

F.R.I.D.A.Y.

Hi there everyone....how did your day go today???? Well......
Its Friday!!!! Smile the weekend is about to begin!!! Why do we so look forward to the weekends????
"You are wishing your life away"....as my mother always said. I see now what she meant.

We finally got our roof fixed on the 21st and 22nd....the men did a really great job, I feel secure now. They said there was "a lot of mistakes done up there" it is no wonder we had a leaky roof. It's too bad, the damage has already been done.

Now we have to get the ceiling fixed in the kitchen. It sounds like the whole ceiling will have to come down and the supports have rotted and will have to be replaced. Everything will have to be removed from the kitchen (oh yuck)!!! They are supposed to give us an estimate on how much it will cost to get fixed. At this point, I am not sure if "Rebuilding Together" will fix the ceiling or if I need to start saving towards it. If so, that may be awhile before I can get the ceiling fixed.....we will see what happens.

Well, time to close here for now. Have to go make JP his super. so far, he is having hamburgers and soup....not sure what else.

Have a great day and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Louise, If you have homeowners insurance it should pay for the interior damage. They won't pay for a roof but they will often pay for damage caused by a leak---especially if there is rotting involved. Good luck. Hope you have a great weekend-xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so glad your roof is fixed before winter got here. At least you will be warm and dry. That dog picture is a crack up! I just take it one day at a time right now.

Susie said...

Louise, I hope your are getting some insurance help. It just seems that when one thing happens another is close by. The bad thing of a leak is you don't always find it before more damage has been done. I sure hope you can get your ceiling done too. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana, I shall call the ins co. see what they say. Thanks.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda, Yes I am glad the roof is finally fixed too. Now to wait for a big rain and see if there are leaks still. That's all we can do is take one day at a time.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie. I will call my Ins. co as soon as I find out if this agency is going to help us further.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails