Thursday, December 12, 2013

We Three Kings of Orient Are....

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Hope you are keeping warm or if you live in a warm area like Florida or California, you are keeping cool. Time sure does fly, it's been 6 days since I last blogged, that's a long time for me, I have been trying to go every 2-4 days. Guess I didn't have much to blog about, if that could be possible. Oh I was doing the Etsy Tap Dance on Sunday, got an Etsy sale, so I was pretty happy about that, took me a couple of day to prepare the mailing. Then the weather got REALLY cold and a little snow fell on Monday. Been busy decorating the house for Christmas and getting my Christmas cards mailed out also.

We took our car in for an oil change and it seems to need a couple of belts and a thermostat...oie vey...to the tune of $350+ not exactly what we need at this time. But, I guess it is a neccessity. Otherwise if not taken care of, the motor could blow. Then it would cost even more.
So in the above picture is my 3 Kings which I made back in 1968.....geez 45 years ago. They are made of paper mache'. I must have been going to an art store and they were giving classes in different art media. I have completely forgotten how these Kings were made, can you believe, I still have the paper mache' stuff from back then. Guess I always thought I would make something else with the stuff, some day maybe.

Anyways, my 3 Kings come out every year and are placed in some royal spot. Every year when they get put away, I think, is this the last time I will see them??? Then here we are for another Christmas. Who knows, someday they will get put away never to be seen again. So I will just enjoy them this season and shed another tear as they get put away. Who knows, maybe in 20 years they can collect Social Security...lol!
So in this picture is my little Christmas tree. I like this tree, easy to put away and easy to take out and decorate. I like the lights, it goes on about 4pm and goes off about 3am. I have been known to keep my tree up into February. Last year I had Valentine hearts hanging from it and was even thinking of making a St. Patrick's Tree....but there comes a point that it is time to take it down. I left the lights on the table for another month....so I was satisfied into March and April. Maybe this year I will get Easter lights to replace the Christmas lights.

I still have my village to put up, probably this weekend. Then I can sit back and enjoy Christmas, make some cookies and stuff. I still have to get a package off to my Step-father in Las Vegas...that package might be late. Need to look for a stuffed animal to pack with the cookies...what do you get an 87 year old for Christmas????

Well, I think it is time to close, have to go ride my bike and make some thank you cards. So you all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh, oh and stay warm. Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Biz said...

I got your cards in the mail last night and since I got home so late from the restaurant, haven't opened them up yet, but I will this weekend.

I LOVED my snowman card, thank you very much Louise!

Happy Friday!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh good...I always wonder how long it takes for my Etsy packages to be received...glad you got them much sooner then the postman said. Have a great weekend. I am looking forward to reading Tony's blog today.

Attic Clutter said...

hehe love your lil tree
I was going to stay with a tiny tree this year then hub
wanted a Hobby Lobby silver skinny
so that is what we have(:)
hugspatty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh...a Hobby Lobby silver skinny sounds neat, I shall have to check it out. What color ornaments and lights??

Patricia said...

We have a temporary Christmas tree. It's a small champagne gold/silver tree that I bought on sale. Our old tall green tree rotated and had white lights. Loved it, but it became a fire hazard with wiring problems. I was also vacuuming fake needles off the carpet as the plastic had aged and the needles were breaking off. Have a great weekend.

Attic Clutter said...

oh wow
was surprised yesterday when I opened a card from Louise (:)
so cute
thanks so much !!
Your snowman banner is cute too ..
hugs..patty

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails