Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and a few Recycled Christmas Cards

Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope you are enjoying and looking forward to time with your family and friends. I already made my turkey...a little 9 pounder. Took it apart to make soup, the rest will be for tomorrow. JP has had a couple of meals from the little turkey. Made my apple pie from those wonderful apples from our tree....which reminds me, I must have some pie tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll be making a fresh bean cassarole and pumpkin pie....got to do a little bit of cooking. Last year we had turkey dinner at a friends house. So it will be nice, not to have to go someplace and just kind of lounge around and take our time doing stuff and eat when we want. The Packers are playing @ Detroit at 11:30am oh, oh looks like I will be recording my doggie show and maybe part of the parade so I can watch the game. Jimmy Swaggart's Campmeeting too....can't miss that!!!!
So here is my cute little turkey that I made over a month ago. It caused quite a stir on the internet. The person that made the original turkey was more elaborate then this one and had more feathers. This one is just a small duplicate of the larger one. But anyway he comes your way to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Give thanks to God for all that He has given you because all that you have comes from HIM. He gives and gives and gives. "For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have Everlasting Life. John 3:16"
I've been doing something a little new. A friend gave me a box full of old cards. Some were so old they were browned around the edges. There were also some cards that were handmade for someone. I went through them all a found some cards I really liked and cut them down and am now "recycling" them. The above cards, the two snowmen are a few of my favorites, I think they turned out pretty cute and I've had a lot of fun rejuvinating them.

Sorry the typing is small. I deleted something I shouldn't have and I can't figure out what it was....oh well, maybe the next picture and caption will be better, I will reframe from pressing the delete button.
Well I kind of messed up....I had a few more pictures added to this blog but lost them and blogspot won't let me add any more, I guess this will have to suffice for now. I will add a few more pictures in my next blog.

Next Friday the 6th is our Hospice meeting, so I shall blog then with all the cards that I made for you to see. Well you all have a great Thanksgiving and careful not to overeat. You can always eat again in another couple of hours....turkey sandwiches sound so good to me...mmmm turkey, cranberry sauce and mayo with lettuce...YES! YES! YES! Sounds GOOD!!

Keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh. Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

This N That said...

Happy Thanksgiving..I do that with my old Christmas cards or make gift tags from them..

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Missy. I think I should have done the recycling of cards a long time ago...it's been fun!!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise
oh yumm your food sounds so good and the turkey ornament is just so fun(:)
I
like to do things like recycling old Christmas cards too (:) some of the oldies are the best !!
hugs..p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails