Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday's..........

I dedicate this picture of the above squirrel to Biz and Tony at: www.mybizzykitchen.com  could not resist his sweet little face. His little paws must be cold, he needs some mittens.

Well, I started this blog last night and had some technical difficulties. Soooo, I am back today to try again. I suspect if you tried to click on my blog using the above little squirrel it would take you back to the panda waving and saying HI. This little guy here, he is soooo cute!!!
Tried doing my blog in IE last night. For the longest time I could not up-load pictures, so I would go to Google, there I could do the picture thingie and things actually moved along faster and smoother. Last night for some reason IE decided they would let me up-load pictures onto my blog. I thought....wow, okay...lets do it. Well, forget that noise, sure I got the pictures up in my blog and did a little bit of writing, then BAMM everything got discombabled (bet that word is not in spell check). I gave up cause it was getting so late.  I noticed that what I had wrote with the squirrel was still being posted, but it took you back to the previous post..........oh well......just a glitch in IE, this too will pass. I guess I just have to remember...."Louise, you cannot do your blog in IE!!! For now on just go to GOOGLE!!!" For some reason Etsy does not communicate with IE either and I have to do my listings in Google....guess I might as well stay in Google, but then I don't really care for Google's start up paging, I prefer IE. That's just my preference though.

Made a smoothie today and some toasted Artisan Bread with cream cheese.......oh yum!!
The smoothie:
3 strawberries
1/2 banana
handful of kale (minus the stalk)
1/2 cup red peppers
2 tablesp. of chocolate chip Chobani (my favorite)
1/2 cup water

I like to try and make my smoothies with 2 fruit and 2 vegies (my rule of thumb). But I guess according to all the recipes out there, you can do most anything you want and it still would come out great and nutritious.

One thing I have noticed, the last couple of days, my blood sugars were low, yesterday 122 and today 128. Hope I can keep this on a role, I do feel better, but when blood sugars get too high, I don't feel so very good.

Rode my stationary bike 15 minutes last night and put on 9 miles. I think for now on I will ride 15 minutes a night instead of 5 miles a night which was probably 7-8 minutes a night, maybe I will get some wheres faster...lol!!
Here are some Valentine's I made and added to my Etsy store this past week.  This card is very simple and the main focus are HEARTS with the bottom being embossed with "Valentine".
This Valentine card is actually a copy of an old Vintage Valentine (the little girl and crow which I picked up in an antique store). Copied them off on the printer and turned it into a modern day card. "Valentine" again is embossed at the bottom. Both cards are selling on: www.cards4ubylouise.etsy.com  for $3.00 + postage.
I made some Artisan bread over the week-end, and wow do I love making it.........it's a no-knead bread and does it ever rise to the occasion. I thought my yeast would be old, but no, it still had some "OOMPH" I will post some pictures in my next blog, once I get them downloaded.



Well, gonna close this blog for now, it's getting kind of late and I need to get some things done around here. JP leaves for work in 2 1/2 hours, so I need to get something in the oven for him. You all take care and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh. Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the squirrel love Louise! It's so crazy how close to the house they get!

Happy Monday!

Candace said...

When I was a little girl, I had a pet squirrel. Love them! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me and calling my attention to your blog. I look forward to getting to know you. Blessings, Candace

Attic Clutter said...

oh yes love theRighteous brothers..
such cute lil'animals pictured here..
glad you came by.. and I see you are trying healthy smoothies too..
I did a blue berry..brocolli..OJ...yogurt one..
its not too bad (:)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

oooo....that sounds like a good smoothie. Writing that one down.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails