Monday, January 16, 2012

♥Some New Valentine Cards♥

Been working on some new Valentine cards the last couple of days. Saw this idea on one of the blogs I visit, thought it was a good idea.... of coarse I changed it around a little bit. I will give her kudos after I finish this blog and direct you to her blog so you can see her cards also. Here is the address: http://understandblue.blogspot.com/2012/01/with-apologies-to-lionel-richie.html well hopefully this will take you to her blog.
It's a pretty easy card to make. Ran white cardstock through the cuttlebug. Sponged red or pink ink around the edges. Punched out the heart, then punched out a little heart within the large heart. Layered them with pop-up tabs. "Sending Happy Thoughts" was layered on top of red and pink cardstock. Red and pink ribbons embellish the cards. Probably will make enough of these to put in my Etsy store, there's still enough time to get the cards up and selling before Valentine's Day. Hopefully they will sell.

This is going to be my fun week. Tomorrow I go stamping at Betty's house, she teaches us how to make 4 different and unique cards. I saw 3 of them, will take pictures and put them up on this blog on Thursday or Friday. Thursday is stamping at Sandi's, "Girls Night Out." We bring a card to make plus the makings for that card for 6 ladies to make. It's kind of fun, but sometimes I dont' feel like I am a good teacher. Saturday is the Secret Stampers Revealing Potluck dinner. I will find out who has been sending me my cards. I have been sending my cards to a lady in Colorado, so I guess she won't be at the potluck.....oh well, I usually never see the cards that I have sent to my secret stamper, they either live too far away or just don't come to the revealing party. The food is usually good. We are allowed to bring old stamps to sell, so I end up selling a few stamps but buy a few stamps too. So this week is my "learning" week and I get a few new ideas in making cards.....always looking for something new.

Well, it's pretty late now, time to go to bed and get some sleep. Keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.

Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Louise these are awesome!! I love the embossed background!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thank you and you are welcome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails