Monday, November 29, 2010

Mr. Snowman Card and White Chili


Here's a little card I made tonight.....made the snowman a couple of days ago and was trying to decide what to do for the background. Got an idea today laying on an exercise bed.


Ran dark blue cardstock through a snowflake cuttlebug folder then a dabed a white ink pad on the snowflakes and wa-la......layered Mr. Snowman on burgandy cardstock then on the blue background. Tied a white ribbon round him just to add a little pazaazzzzzzzzz! If I don't sell him tomorrow (as I am taking him to my exercise class) I will put him up on my Etsy store for $3.00 + postage.


Tonight I am making some white turkey chili.........as soon as it's made and plated, I will take a picture of it and add that to this post along with the recipe.
The recipe:
1 lb chicken breast or cooked chicken or turkey cut in pieces
1 med. onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tbl vegetable oil
2 cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can 14 oz chicken broth
2 cans 40z chopped green chilies (I used 1 can of tomato and chilies)
1 tsp salt (didn't use salt)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I used chili powder)
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup sour cream
Saute chicken, onion and garlic salt in oil. (if using cooked chicken or turkey, just add when onions are soft. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to boil and reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 30 min. Remove from heat and stir in cream and sour cream. Serve immediately

The above white chili is delicious!!!!!
Talk to you later~Louise~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails